The BOSS SHACKLE is extremely versatile, easy to use and lightweight (360g). Unlike traditional metal shackles the BOSS SHACKLE helps to eliminate risk and floats on water.
- High molecular weight polyethylene creates maximum strength-to-weight ratio
- 14,000kg minimum breaking strength
- Low elongation minimal stretch
- Floats on water
- Water, UV and abrasion resistant
Campboss Soft Shackle 14T
Key Information and safety recommendations
- It is recommended that persons intending to recover vehicles by using a soft shackle (and/or strap/rope) should consider completing a nationally recognised 4WD training course for comprehensive advice on the proper selection and use of the shackle
- Do not use the shackle for lifting or towing
- Ensure that the shackle is not damaged and is in a useable condition prior to recovery techniques being employed.
- Note: the shackles strength and stretch are reduced when saturated with water.
- If also using a strap/rope, an object such as a recovery damper, heavy bag or blanket must be draped over the strap/rope to reduce any unintentional rebound of the strap/rope.
- Before attempting the vehicle recovery, passengers of the vehicles must:
- exit the vehicles; and
- stand as far away from the vehicles as the length of the strap/rope being used and;
- do not stand in the path of the vehicle performing the recovery.
- The gross vehicle mass (GVM) of the vehicles being used should be known. The minimum breaking strength of the shackle should be between 2 and 3 times the GVM of any vehicle it is used with.
- The shackle must be suited to the GVM of the lighter of the 2 vehicles used in the recovery process.
- This CampBoss BOSS SHACKLE has a 14,000kg minimum breaking strength